If you’re new to Yoga or you’re thinking of taking it up, the asanas involved can look intimidating. However, that should not keep you from practicing this exercise form. FitNut collaborated with Annu Arora, Founder of ILIVELIGHT YOGA to put together a list of 5 easy yoga poses you can start your Yoga journey with. Happy International Day of Yoga!
Pose 1: Standing forward bend
- Stretches hips, hamstrings, and calf muscles.
- Strengthens thighs and knees.
- Keeps your spine strong and flexible.
- Calms the mind and soothes the nerves.
- Activates the abdominal muscles.
Pose 2: Warrior 2
- Stretches your hips, groin and shoulder muscles.
- Opens your chest and lungs.
- Builds stamina and concentration.
- Stimulates your abdominal organs.
- Develops balance and stability.
Pose 3: Downward Dog
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Helps tone up the core.
- Lengthens hamstrings and calves.
- Improves blood flow to the brain.
- Stretches the spine and strengthens the back.
Pose 4: Half –Spinal Twist
- Increases the elasticity of the spine.
- Opens the chest and increases oxygen supply to the lungs.
- Massages the abdominal organs.
- Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness.
- Releases tension in the arms, shoulders, upper back and neck.
Pose 5: Cobra
- Improves circulation of blood throughout the spinal and pelvic regions.
- Improves flexibility of the upper and middle back.
- Expands the chest.
- Opens up the shoulders and neck.
- Reduces fatigue and stress.
There you have it, get started with these easy yoga poses and practice regularly to get better at them. You can then sign up to our events page to get notifications on all the yoga sessions we hold in partnership with certified yoga instructors!