Fitness is not boring, we must remind you. And with the industry around it booming by the year (SO MUCH TECHNOLOGY!), there is scope for much fun. So, indulge yourself and people around you with these fitness gadgets designed to enhance the workout experience. Here’s our list of must-haves and must-gives:
It’s a great tool for any fitness enthusiast, as it helps one keep track of steps, calories burned, distance travelled and sleep (with alarms as well). The best part is that you can sync it with your smartphone, and keep track of your progress anywhere, anytime. Here are some options:
- FitBit – With the highest overall rating and accuracy, these are the most popular in the market and now available in India through Amazon. You can also compare all the options on their site. Their products range from Rs 3,192 to Rs 15,992 depending on the model you choose.
- Jawbone – These stick with simplicity and don’t offer a screen, giving them a more sleek design. These are offered exclusively through Amazon. Their products range from Rs 3,999 to Rs 14,999 depending on the model you choose.
- Garmin – With many options for runners and swimmers, this veteran company has been creating products for serious enthusiasts for a while now. Available through Amazon. Their products range from Rs 5,890 to Rs 39,990 depending on the model you choose.
Here is a comparison of the above options.
Music and fitness go hand-in-hand. Here are a few options of ear/headphones, which give you a good fit, sound and are also pocket-friendly.
- Jaybird X2: They are a tad bit expensive but totally worth it. They are wireless and can be used on any Bluetooth-enabled device. Available on Amazon for Rs 15,999. Don’t let the reviews fool you, globally they are a hit!
Here are some other great options varying in price and features.
Get a nice portable system that one can use in their workout space, indoor and outdoor.
- JBL Flip: The Flip 2 is available in 5 colours on SnapDeal for Rs 4,499. It also has a microphone to take calls. The newer JBL Flip 3 is slightly more expensive at Rs 7,613 on SnapDeal,
- Bose Soundlink III: This will burn a hole in your pocket but it comes with the best sound quality and battery life. Available for Rs 22,388.
- Portronics Glitz: This one boasts many features as it lets you connect with NFC (Near Field Communication), and Aux cable (besides Bluetooth) as well as insert a SD card. Available on SnapDeal for Rs 3,279.
- FitBit Aria: This smart scale measures your body weight, body fat percentage and body mass index and syncs it with the FitBit app. It also allows you to set up multiple users and track the change in weight and body fat percentage. Available on Amazon in Black and White for Rs 7,992.
*All prices mentioned for products in this article are subject to change based on the seller.